1/5 Photos of Sunset Orzo With Spanish Shrimp
I love orzo pasta. This recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 lb spanish chorizo, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the orzo and cook until just al dente. Drain and cover.
- 2While the pasta is working, in a small saucepan, steep the saffron in the chicken broth over low heat.
- 3In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned, 2 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the peas.
- 4In another medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley, paprika and lemon juice; season with salt. Remove from the heat.
- 5Pour the saffron broth over the chorizo and vegetables. Add the orzo and toss for 2 minutes. To serve, top the orzo with the shrimp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunset Orzo With Spanish Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.9 mg
- Sodium 1060.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 30.0 g