Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is bursting with flavor using fresh, local ingredients. Substitute blackberries for the marionberries. Go ahead-I give you permission to splurge on an artisan bleu cheese for this salad! Go on! From the June 2008 issue. For a description of marionberries click on this recipe -----> Hello Berry Salsa
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon French tarragon, divided (subbed for fresh thyme)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard (subbed for dry mustard)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 12 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups marionberries or 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinaigrette.
- Add the fresh arugula leaves and toss gently to coat.
- Gently stir in the marionberries.
- Divide mixture among 4 salad plates. Crumble the bleu cheese on top of each serving.
- Sprinkle the remaining French tarragon on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.