Recipe by Hey Jude
Sunset Foods is a local grocery store that sells a wonderful red pepper dip from their deli case. This is the recipe for that dip - it's delicious!
Top Review by lihalpern
So glad you posted the recipe! We moved 700 miles away from Sunset Foods almost 2 years and our parties have not been the same. Next time I make it - I will cut the vinegar in 1/2 this seemed to overpower the flavor and tint the color a little dark. Delicious!
- 2 whole jarred roasted red peppers, drained or 2 red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers in blender; puree.
- Add tomato, mayonnaise, almonds, vinegar, garlic and salt; puree until smooth.
- Slowly add oil while blender is running.
- The dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Return to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with vegetables, crostini or pita crisps.
- *To roast peppers, heat broiler; place whole peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and broil, turning as needed, until blackened on all sides, remove to brown paper bag; remove skins once cool enough to handle.
- **To toast almonds, heat skillet over medium heat, add almonds, cook, stirring, until almonds are lightly browned, about 2 minutes, do not overcook.