Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A wonderful sun iced tea recipe I got from Good Housekeeping magazine.
- Place 2 quarts water in a large clear pitcher.
- Add 6 large mint sprigs, crushed.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add 6-7 tea bags.
- Cover pitcher and let stand in sun 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove tea bags.
- Serve over ice, garnished with additional mint sprigs, if desired.
- Refrigerate tea up to 3 days, if it lasts that long.
This was a great change from the tea made in the coffee maker. A bit less tea tartness and the hint of mint was nice.
This is a lovely idea for iced tea. I must admit I was concerned about whether it would work in the partial sunshine we had today in England. But it did! I added a little Splenda after brewing as my other half likes it sweet! Thanks for a keeper! Made for Please Review My Recipe.
This was so refreshing!! Had this on a hot humid day and it did the trick!! Have a large mint patch in my backyard - so used a couple of sprigs - and loved it in this iced tea!! Thanks Lainey! :)