Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This recipe is from a Low Glycemic cookbook. If you are diabetic or eating the low-glycemic way, this rates in the 'very low' category of below 39 if made as directed with a sugar-free yogurt. The flax meal adds a good amount of fiber and it's great for you too! I had one for breakfast and wasn't hungry for the whole morning! The nutrition is: 182 calories, 35 'good' carbs, 3.4 g fiber, 10 g Protein, 327 g calcium.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry, fresh, frozen (or any other berry)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ice in a blender and chop or crush, then add the fresh or frozen berries and repeat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If it is thicker than you like, add a little more orange juice.
- Pour into a 16 ounce glass and serve immediately.