Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These have lime zest!
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat Oven: 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar with butter until smooth and light.
- Whisk in egg, buttermilk, vanilla and lime peel. Pour over dry ingredients. Add peaches and coconut; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into lightly oiled or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake on center rack in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Gently lift from pan and cool on a rack.
- Tip: For a glossy look, brush each muffin, while still warm, with a little honey. Storage: For freshness, keep muffins in an airtight container.
I followed this recipe exactly save for one thing. I added dried candied pineapple, carrots and pecans * 1/2c of the first two and just to taste on the pecans, just because I love all the above. This recipe is EXCELLANT. Thanks for posting.