Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Diabetic cookbook. Dietary exchanges are 2 starch, 3 meat, 1 fat. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups yukon gold potatoes, cooked and diced 1/2 inch (8 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fennel, 1/2 inch (6 ounces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups roasted skinned and boneless cooked chicken, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup california ripe olives, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and fennel and cook 5 to 6 minutes until golden. Add red onion, celery and chicken; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is golden.
- Mix in California Ripe Olives, chives, dill, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates.
We didn't have any fennel, so I used some onion...which all 4 of us love. Also, I used cubed hashbrowns instead of the yukon golds...because I had them & didn't have time to cook the "real" potatoes! The kids (ages 3 & 4.5 years) loved this...well, they are Russian & LOVE their potatoes, onions and celery! Throw in chicken and ripe olives & it's a GREAT kid meal here! Thanks for a YUMMY recipe!