Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the President of the Montgomery, Alabama Sunrise Garden Club, Mrs. Snider. This is different from other recipes posted and yet it sounds easy to prepare. First you saute and then you bake!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated (bouillion)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 12 small potatoes, cooked (optional)
- Saute chicken in butter until browned; add onion and garlic.
- Simmer 10 minutes, and remove to a baking dish, like a pyrex.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the chicken stock over the flour mixture and pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- After the hour, remove foil and add the wine and potatoes (if desired) and bake, uncovered, until heated through.