Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Very easy and a bit hit with the kids. The 4 hours prep time is mostly chilling in the fridge.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Combine reserved syrup, softened cream cheese, and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Add 1/4 cup pineapple and 1/2 cup pie filling; mix lightly.
- Gradually add sugar to cream, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into crust; top with remaining pineapple and pie filling.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
This pie was fairly good. I made it for a family get together and my nieces and nephew really liked it. I guess the texture of the crushed pineapple threw me and my husband off. Was a pretty presentation though.
I made this pie some 25 years ago, I got it from the inside of Philadelphia Cream Cheese box. It is wonderful. I wanted to make it again and could not find my recipe, but now I have it. It is simple and delicious. I will make it a bunch now
I've been making this recipe for probably over 20 years. I originally found it in a magazine. The key to making it sort of look like a sunrise is to spread the pineapple on top in a ring around the outer edge of the pie and then fill in the center top of the pie with cherry filling. This pie has always been a huge hit with my family and it's super easy to make.