Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This fantastic recipe brings together hash browns, fluffy eggs, and fantastic Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage. It's sure to be a family favorite.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Johnsonville Original Recipe Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) packagefrozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- salsa (optional) or picante sauce (optional)
- Arrange sausages on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes, turning links once or until sausage is cooked through and lightly browned; drained.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 –inch coins.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Add sausage, hash browns, cheese, bell pepper and onions.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered at 350ºF for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce.