Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a Johnsonville recipe that takes a little extra prep time but is well worth the effort. Give this one a shot for a holiday or special breakfast/brunch occassion.
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesjohnsonville* original breakfast sausage links
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 (20 ounce) packagesrefriderated shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups salsa (optional) or 2 cups picante sauce (optional)
- Place sausage on a 15in. x 10in. x 1in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once, drain and slice into quarter inch coins.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13in. x 9in. x 2in. baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncoverered, at 350 degrees F for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.
Very good...made it for Easter breakfast. Thanks for sharing!
Big family brunch and this was a big, big hit!! We all loved it.