Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A Johnsonville recipe that we served this at my sister's wedding brunch, this is a great breakfast prepared the night before. Especially good for morning entertaining. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. Cooking time includes sausage cooking.
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesjohnsonville original breakfast sausage links
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (20 ounce) packagesrefrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups salsa (optional, we did not use this) (optional) or 2 cups picante sauce (optional, we did not use this) (optional)
- Put sausage on a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the sausage is no longer pink (turning once). Drain, then slice into 1/4 inch coins.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa or picante sauce, if you like.