Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe includes the dressing and salad preparation. Yeild: 4-5 Sunomono salads.
Make and share this Sunomono Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 500 ml rice wine vinegar
- 100 ml sugar
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 500 g dried harusame noodles or 500 g japanese vermicelli
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 5 butter lettuce leaves or 5 iceberg lettuce leaves or 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 200 g peeled shrimp (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a thick bottomed pot and bring up to temperature in order to melt sugar just bellow boiling point. DO NOT BOIL or recipe will become too salty. Sauce should be cooled completely or refrigerated before serving.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 2-4 minutes and do not over cook. Noodles should be firm and strong, not falling apart. Rinse immediately under cold water, repeatedly puling noodles apart with fingers. Leave noodles in cold water while preparing garnishes and other ingredients.
- Vegetables should be sliced thinly and shrimp should be rinsed thoroughly. Bowls and chop sticks will be needed for presentation.