Recipe by Ms. Valeriah
This is an easy-peasy vinegared cucumber salad that I first had at a genuinely healthy fast-food chain here called Tokyo Joe's. Yummy, and oh, so healthy.
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cucumbers in bowl with salt, mix thoroughly.
- Add shredded carrot and black sesame seeds.
- In a separate small container, dissolve raw sugar in lemon juice, add rice wine vinegar.
- Pour into bowl with cucumbers, carrots and sesame seed, mix well.
- Chill briefly in refrigerator, mix again before serving.