Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best baked chicken you have ever had. Once you taste this, you will be hooked. The secret ingredient is the cornflake crumbs. A recipe from a friend's mom. I'm still saying thank you 15 years later.
Sauce may be doubled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 chicken (cut up) or 1 assorted chicken piece, your choice
- Put first 7 ingredients in small covered container.
- Let sit overnight, at room temperature.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg.
- Next dip in cornflake crumbs.
- Place skin side down on a piece of tinfoil on pan. (easier for cleaning pan)
- Bake 400 degrees for 1/2 hour - turn and BASTE with sauce for another 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender.
I doubled the sauce, let it sit overnight, then marinated my chicken in the sauce. Baked it without the cornflakes. It was moist and delicious! Whole family loved it. Will make again for sure. Served curried quinoa with carrots, dates and pecans on the side.
Yum! Delicious moist chicken, when planned to make this chicken at first I didn't see that high amount of sugar in the recipe. Not being a sweet tooth I was so worried that it was very sweet, however after tasting it the "sugar" wasn't the main flavour in the recipe. The sugar caramelised the chicken coating which made it crispy on the outside, the rest of the ingredients added yummy flavours to the chicken. The flavour was yummy and easy to prepare. Thank you Baby Kato
Hi BK, I made this chicken for dinner tonight, and wow, what a hit it was, my family just loved it! The chicken had a wonderful crunchy crust and a most delicious lemon sauce (DH loves anything with lemons!) This dish had the perfect flavor balance. I served it with rice. We enjoyed this so much, this recipe is a keeper Baby Kato!...I will be making this again, thanks so much for sharing....Kittencal:)