Recipe by Baby Kato
This is the best baked chicken you have ever had. Once you taste this, you will be hooked. The secret ingredient is the cornflake crumbs. A recipe from a friend's mom. I'm still saying thank you 15 years later.
Top Review by gingko
I doubled the sauce, let it sit overnight, then marinated my chicken in the sauce. Baked it without the cornflakes. It was moist and delicious! Whole family loved it. Will make again for sure. Served curried quinoa with carrots, dates and pecans on the side.
Sauce may be doubled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 chicken (cut up) or 1 assorted chicken piece, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 7 ingredients in small covered container.
- Let sit overnight, at room temperature.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg.
- Next dip in cornflake crumbs.
- Place skin side down on a piece of tinfoil on pan. (easier for cleaning pan)
- Bake 400 degrees for 1/2 hour - turn and BASTE with sauce for another 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender.