Recipe by TasteTester
This is somewhat reminiscent of a traditional pineapple upside-down cake, but with a different twist, and it's delicious!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I always enjoy upside-down cakes, & this one was a hit, too! Easy to make & with great flavor, too, so how could anyone go wrong with this one! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 ounces orange gelatin
- 20 ounces canned pineapple rings, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 3⁄4 cup Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter using the eggs, oil and water; set batter aside. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish generously with cooking spray. Sprinkle dry gelatin mix onto bottom of dish. Top with pineapple rings; place cherry in center of each ring.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit in dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of dish. Invert onto serving platter; gently remove dish. Cool completely. Serve topped with the whipped topping.