1/1 Photo of Sunny Summer Chicken Salad
Megan Yonak's Note:
This is a wonderful LOW CALORIE CHICKEN SALAD, and an awesome recipe if you like a sweet and salty combo- With the grapes and cashews, mixed with a nice helping of both white and black pepper, it's got a little bit of a kick. The best part is, is that it's NOT TOO MUCH MAYO!!!! This is WONDERFUL served inside a 1/2 of a cantaloupe(seeds removed) with a croissant on the side. YUMMY! You can take bites of the cantaloupe with the salad and it is DIVINE! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill the chicken breasts on either a foreman grill or an outdoor grill- which is obviously better tasting -- Let cool enough to handle and start to rip/shred into smaller pieces. Not shredded. but I like the ripped up texture rather than 'cubes' of chicken. It looks much more organic too.
- 2Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix -- EXCEPT FOR THE CASHEWS!
- 3Cashews are optional, and NEEEEEED to be put on lastly, to maintain the crunchyness they deserve. So. 1 1/2 cups cashews if you will be serving that day and that day only- can you mix in -- otherwise, just sprinkle each serving with a tablespoon or 2 before you serve.
- 4Mix all together but save those cashews for the garnish -- If you put them on and mix them in- they get soggy.
- 5Refrigerate at least 5 hours- best if you can leave it in the fridge overnight to let the flavors mingle.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny Summer Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g