Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful LOW CALORIE CHICKEN SALAD, and an awesome recipe if you like a sweet and salty combo- With the grapes and cashews, mixed with a nice helping of both white and black pepper, it's got a little bit of a kick. The best part is, is that it's NOT TOO MUCH MAYO!!!! This is WONDERFUL served inside a 1/2 of a cantaloupe(seeds removed) with a croissant on the side. YUMMY! You can take bites of the cantaloupe with the salad and it is DIVINE! Enjoy!
- 1190.67 g boneless chicken breasts (6 regular sized boneless chicken breasts)
- 709.77 ml celery (Diced)
- 709.77 ml red seedless grapes (Cut in Half)
- 532.32 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml lemon juice (Fresh Squeezed if Possible)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Grill the chicken breasts on either a foreman grill or an outdoor grill- which is obviously better tasting -- Let cool enough to handle and start to rip/shred into smaller pieces. Not shredded. but I like the ripped up texture rather than 'cubes' of chicken. It looks much more organic too.
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix -- EXCEPT FOR THE CASHEWS!
- Cashews are optional, and NEEEEEED to be put on lastly, to maintain the crunchyness they deserve. So. 1 1/2 cups cashews if you will be serving that day and that day only- can you mix in -- otherwise, just sprinkle each serving with a tablespoon or 2 before you serve.
- Mix all together but save those cashews for the garnish -- If you put them on and mix them in- they get soggy.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours- best if you can leave it in the fridge overnight to let the flavors mingle.
Delish! So hot last night, needed something cold for dinner. I ate this on whole wheat bread and used canned white meat chicken breast. Thanks Megan!