Recipe by Mom2Rose
Wake up to a sassy egg dish that bakes in its own biscuit cup.
Top Review by SweetsLady
These were absolutely scrumptious for breakfast this morning! Dh accidentally got the 10 grand biscuit container, so I made them in muffin tins instead and got 9 plus 1 smaller one. I cooked up some bacon about 6 oz and crumbled it and also used sharp cheddar. Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe, Mom2Rose!
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) canpillsbury grands homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cooked bacon bits (from 3-oz bag)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- salsa, if desired (optional)
- sour cream, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 6 (6-oz) custard cups or 6 (8-oz) ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 wedges.
- Using 5 wedges for each cup, arrange wedges around side of each cup with pointed ends up to form a “star.”
- Press dough lightly on bottoms and sides of cups (it is not necessary to completely cover bottoms and sides of cups).
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Beat in 1/4 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream and the bacon bits until blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons egg mixture into center of each cup; top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Spoon remaining egg mixture over cheese in each cup.
- Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set and biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.