Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Wake up to a sassy egg dish that bakes in its own biscuit cup.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) canpillsbury grands homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cooked bacon bits (from 3-oz bag)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- salsa, if desired (optional)
- sour cream, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 6 (6-oz) custard cups or 6 (8-oz) ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 wedges.
- Using 5 wedges for each cup, arrange wedges around side of each cup with pointed ends up to form a “star.”
- Press dough lightly on bottoms and sides of cups (it is not necessary to completely cover bottoms and sides of cups).
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Beat in 1/4 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream and the bacon bits until blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons egg mixture into center of each cup; top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Spoon remaining egg mixture over cheese in each cup.
- Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set and biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
These were absolutely scrumptious for breakfast this morning! Dh accidentally got the 10 grand biscuit container, so I made them in muffin tins instead and got 9 plus 1 smaller one. I cooked up some bacon about 6 oz and crumbled it and also used sharp cheddar. Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe, Mom2Rose!
Well, I wish I had a great picture to post on this recipe but I wasn't quick enough to get my boys from eating this. That in my book is a great thing. A five star recipe! Thanks! Made for Recipe Swap.