1/3 Photos of Sunny Day Jicama-Orange Salad
Posted for ZWT5 from care2.com site. Interesting that it has allspice in it. Notice that you chill the dressing but not necessarily the assembled salad. And it might not taste quite the same without silty, white glowing sand stuck between your toes and the near promise of a turquoise swim, but you can always imagine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sour orange juice (or 3/8 cup lime juice with 2 tablespoons mild vinegar)
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 serrano chili, thinly sliced in rounds
- generous pinch allspice
- 4.92 ml orange zest, chopped fine
- 4.92 ml honey
- 29.58 ml cilantro or 29.58 ml mint, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine all of the dressing components 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
- 2Arrange the salad in a bowl or serving plater.
- 3Drizzle the dressing over the salad to cover.
- 4Serve cool, but not overly chilled for the best flavor.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny Day Jicama-Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g