Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple yellow cake that Mom made for years. I ran across her hand written recipe recently. This is delicious with a simple buttercream frosting.
- 2⁄3 cup oleo
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 jumbo eggs
- Beat oleo with vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour/sugar mix to the oleo mixture.
- Add milk. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs. Beat mixture 2 minutes longer.
- Pour batter into 2 greased/floured 9" layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.