Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy,Rich,Curry Flavored soup. A good way to use left over cauliflower! Curry lovers go for more curry if you like! If you like drizzle finished soup with extra virgin olive oil or top with a tad of butter!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml light brown sugar
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1656.13 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 709.77 ml chicken stock or 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 158.51 ml milk
- 14.79 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 0 fresh ground nutmeg
- hot pepper sauce
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Saute onions, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper till translucent.
- Add cauliflower and stock cook till fork tender.
- Puree in vita mix or blender Return to pot with rest of ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Definaltely a 5* soup. I cut the recipe in half and there was still loads for two of us, once for supper and 3 times for lunch!! We loved the curry and a touch of hot sauce. I did make one change, instead of the cream, i used all 1 cup of 2% milk, loved the colour the tumeric adds to the cauliflour!! Will be making this again this winter, great payback!
Nice soup with nice combination of color, flavor, aroma. I was wondering if adding a potato, for example, would make the texture smoother and creamier as well.
This was a very nice soup. Will be making it again. Thank you for the recipe Rita L.