Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is my favorite oatmeal - I'll eat it for breakfast or lunch! Very filling and super tasty with the dried cranberries, almonds and orange marmalade. Be sure to add the dried cranberries right away as they rehydrate while cooking which makes them very flavorful. If I'm not that hungry I'll reduce the oats to 1/4 cup and leave the other ingredients the same. Milk can be substituted for water if desired - when we ate oatmeal as little kids it was because we were out of milk for our cereal, so I always make my oatmeal with water.... personal preference is everything! *Note: 1 tablespoon of Smucker's sugar-free orange marmalade has 10 calories WW points = 3
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (toasted if you have the time)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Mix all ingredients in microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir, then microwave for another 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until your desired consistency is reached. In my 1200wt microwave it takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds for my liking - it does thicken a little as it cools.
Very satisfying. We eat oatmeal almost everyday and really liked this one. Made using walnuts as we were out of almonds. Did have to cut the time from 2 minutes to 1 1/2 minutes. Will be making aging and again. Thanks so much for the post.
I liked everything about this oatmeal recipe except for the orange flavor....somehow it just seemed off to me. Otherwise I loved the flavors...didn't toast the almonds, but loved the crunch they added. Thanks for posting!
MMMMmmmmm ...I love oatmeal most mornings and always looking for a way to mix it up a bit. This is perfect Brooke. I used SF Apricot Preserves, a splash of skim and a bit of a cinnamon/spice combo I keep on hand. DId up perfectly in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. I really never thought of adding a type of preserve b/f to my oatmeal. Most any type would work great. Thanks for a keeper! Made for MarketTag.