Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
With a seasoned cream cheese base and a black bean, mango, and jalapeno topping, this dip is flavorful, light, refreshing, and colorful. Best made a day ahead, and great served with large tortilla chips(I like Tostitos white corn, restaurant-style chips), rum drinks, beer, Margaritas, and fruit drinks.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This recipe deserves a perfect score. Brought this to a bbcue & even the picky eaters loved this. Really enjoyed the combination of spicy & sweet. You really couldn't tell there was mango. however, I felt it was an important part to round out the flavours. The only thing I changed... I didn't have fresh cilantro so I added a tiny frozen cube to the dip part. Great recipe, thanks so much for sharing.
- 226.79 g package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder (to taste)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 4.92 ml cumin (to taste)
- 425.24 g can black beans, well rinsed, drained, and dried on paper towels
- 236.59 ml mango, cut into small dice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 118.29 ml seeded and diced fresh tomato (to garnish)
- tortilla chips, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dried seasonings.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Spread mixture in an 11 inch glass pie plate or other serving plate of same dimension.
- Sprinkle top with minced jalapeno, then black beans, then mango.
- Cover well and chill overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle tomato and cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Preparation time doesn't include chilling time.