Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
With a seasoned cream cheese base and a black bean, mango, and jalapeno topping, this dip is flavorful, light, refreshing, and colorful. Best made a day ahead, and great served with large tortilla chips(I like Tostitos white corn, restaurant-style chips), rum drinks, beer, Margaritas, and fruit drinks.
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well rinsed, drained, and dried on paper towels
- 1 cup mango, cut into small dice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and diced fresh tomato (to garnish)
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dried seasonings.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Spread mixture in an 11 inch glass pie plate or other serving plate of same dimension.
- Sprinkle top with minced jalapeno, then black beans, then mango.
- Cover well and chill overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle tomato and cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Preparation time doesn't include chilling time.
This recipe deserves a perfect score. Brought this to a bbcue & even the picky eaters loved this. Really enjoyed the combination of spicy & sweet. You really couldn't tell there was mango. however, I felt it was an important part to round out the flavours. The only thing I changed... I didn't have fresh cilantro so I added a tiny frozen cube to the dip part. Great recipe, thanks so much for sharing.
This was the hit of my luau party! Two people asked for the recipe.
Wonderful combination of flavors--we loved it! I didn't make any changes, other than scaling the recipe down a bit. Served with the Tostitos you suggested and Margaritas (Recipe #98221), it really hit the spot. :) Thanks for posting!