Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
With a seasoned cream cheese base and a black bean, mango, and jalapeno topping, this dip is flavorful, light, refreshing, and colorful. Best made a day ahead, and great served with large tortilla chips(I like Tostitos white corn, restaurant-style chips), rum drinks, beer, Margaritas, and fruit drinks.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This recipe deserves a perfect score. Brought this to a bbcue & even the picky eaters loved this. Really enjoyed the combination of spicy & sweet. You really couldn't tell there was mango. however, I felt it was an important part to round out the flavours. The only thing I changed... I didn't have fresh cilantro so I added a tiny frozen cube to the dip part. Great recipe, thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well rinsed, drained, and dried on paper towels
- 1 cup mango, cut into small dice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and diced fresh tomato (to garnish)
- tortilla chips, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dried seasonings.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Spread mixture in an 11 inch glass pie plate or other serving plate of same dimension.
- Sprinkle top with minced jalapeno, then black beans, then mango.
- Cover well and chill overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle tomato and cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Preparation time doesn't include chilling time.