1/1 Photo of Sunny Caribbean Black Bean and Mango Dip
Northwest Lynnie's Note:
With a seasoned cream cheese base and a black bean, mango, and jalapeno topping, this dip is flavorful, light, refreshing, and colorful. Best made a day ahead, and great served with large tortilla chips(I like Tostitos white corn, restaurant-style chips), rum drinks, beer, Margaritas, and fruit drinks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well rinsed, drained, and dried on paper towels
- 1 cup mango, cut into small dice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced fresh tomato (to garnish)
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- 1In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dried seasonings.
- 2Taste for seasoning.
- 3Spread mixture in an 11 inch glass pie plate or other serving plate of same dimension.
- 4Sprinkle top with minced jalapeno, then black beans, then mango.
- 5Cover well and chill overnight.
- 6Just before serving, sprinkle tomato and cilantro over the top.
- 7Serve with tortilla chips.
- 8Preparation time doesn't include chilling time.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny Caribbean Black Bean and Mango Dip
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 216.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g