Sam #3's Note:
Taken from Nita Mehta's Breakfast Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the top of each bun and scoop out neatly to makea hollow bun, leaving a 1/4in wall all around.
- 2Spread some ketchup in the hollow part of the buns.
- 3Butter the edges and the sides of the buns lightly, set aside.
- 4Heat 1 1/2 tbsp butter and saute onions till soft.
- 5Add the carrots and peas.
- 6Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and salt & pepper to taste.
- 8Spoon the carrot-pea mixture in the hollow buns.
- 9Break and egg on the veggies in the buns.
- 10Sprinkle cheese over egg and bake in a 400F oven for about 10 minutes until the egg white is set, the cheese is melted and the buns are crisp.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny Buns
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 235.6 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g