- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and cut the whole broccoli into small pieces.
- Use all of the broccoli except the end chunks.
- Mix together broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and mushrooms.
- Dressing: Mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Toss dressing and bacon with salad ingredients twenty minutes before serving.
- Toss again right before serving.