Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was a kid I found this among Mom's recipes that she had collected or clipped from magazines. I tried it then and really enjoyed it. It was the only way I would eat my "Sunny Boy cereal" at that age. Sunny Boy cereal is like Red River cereal if I am right. We used to call it bird seed cereal.
- Pour boiling water over Sunny Boy cereal and stir to blend; let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter and eggs.
- Add vanilla, Sunny Boy cereal mixture and dry ingredients.
- Beat well and put into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degF for about 30 minutes or till done.
- While cake is baking prepare the topping by mixing tog the melted butter, brown sugar and egg, beating it well.
- Add the coconut and vanilla.
- Spread this topping over hot cake and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes.