Recipe by Sydney Mike
Was sure these would have been posted to ZAAR, but I haven't found them yet! These are great tasting bars for breakfast or anytime of day! Toasted wheat germ can be substituted for the granola, & margarine can be used instead of the butter. [NOTE -- As of 23 Apr 08, bowing to reviewers' comments, I've changed the # of servings from 16 to 9!]
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease an 8" square baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour, granola, sugar, baking powder & cinnamon.
- Stir in butter, honey, egg & vanilla, & mix well.
- Stir in raisins & walnuts, then press mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool & cut into bars.