Was sure these would have been posted to ZAAR, but I haven't found them yet! These are great tasting bars for breakfast or anytime of day! Toasted wheat germ can be substituted for the granola, & margarine can be used instead of the butter. [NOTE -- As of 23 Apr 08, bowing to reviewers' comments, I've changed the # of servings from 16 to 9!]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease an 8" square baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour, granola, sugar, baking powder & cinnamon.
- Stir in butter, honey, egg & vanilla, & mix well.
- Stir in raisins & walnuts, then press mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool & cut into bars.
These were great! The texture was just perfect. Great breakfast snack. Thanks for posting.
I made these for breakfast today and they are very very tasty! I used sunflower and pumpkin seeds instead of the chopped nuts and that worked just fine. The bars held together perfectly during and after baking and were oh so yummy! I really liked the vanilla in them and the fruity crunch they had. I reduced the amount of raisins used since I thought 100g were plenty, but still they were so fruity. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Sydney Mike! Made for Veg'n Swap #7 February 2009.
These came out perfect!! They made nice bars that held well together! Would use a little less sugar next time as the honey was sweet enough for us!! Thanks SM!! :)