Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this while looking for ways to store my tomatos. Looks like it's worth a look into. Found here in case anyone is interested. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg0718144124785.html From the author "So easy and unbelievably good. It's actually so decadent that sometimes I halve the butter and use oil instead, but it's not nearly as good. It freezes really well and I use it for everything--pasta sauce, pizza sauce, dip for veggies, etc. Sometimes, we even eat it as a "cream" soup."
- 2 1⁄2 cups sungold tomatoes, rinsed but whole
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Add all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly and blend to a creamy consistency.