Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Always inspired by what I see on the internet! This IS the recipe to make if Chinese cuisine is on what your ar heart set! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO simple, easy to do! Best bonus? Can make this in 20 minutes TOTAL! WHOO HOO! http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7042/sung+choi+bao NOTE: Used tamari to lessen the salt, bu added a dash at the end for colour for the photos :) NOTE: You will need to do all the prep before cooking
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 300 g lean ground beef
- 300 g pork mince
- 1 garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 230 g water chestnuts
- 4 spring onions
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 100 g bean sprouts
- Combine meat in bowl.
- HEAT PAN, add oil; brown meat.
- Add greated garlic and greated ginger; cook for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts and finely chopped spring onion; stirring for 1 minute.
- ADD oyster sauce and tamari; cook 2 minutes; combine well.
- Remove from heat; add bean sprouts until wilted.
- Adjust saltiness to your taste and feel free to add any colourful veggies ie bok choy, broccoli etc.
I doubled the recipe & added a chopped up bunch of bok choy. Rave reviews all around!! I didn't have any oyster sauce so i used kecap manis & some worcestershire. It worked. Made for Aussie Swap 1/2013.