Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another healthy muffin recipe from the Totally Muffins Cookbook.
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Blend 1/3 cup sunflower seeds and process until finely ground.
- Combine ground seeds, flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and stir in honey, oil and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just to blend. Stir in remaining sunflower seeds.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 25 minutes (or until tops spring back when lightly touched).