Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried these.
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup milo flour
- 1⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 pinch xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- salt (for topping) or other seasoning (for topping)
- In a food processor, mix white rice flour, milo flour, sunflower seeds, salt and baking powder until sunflower seeds are finely chopped.
- Cut butter into several pieces and add to the dry mixture.
- Add cottage cheese to mixture.
- Process until combined, but do not over-process.
- The small bits of butter and cottage cheese create flaky layers during baking.
- Roll dough out into a log shape. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths and roll each fourth into a log about 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Slice off rounds about 3/8-inch thick and place rounds on cookie sheets.
- Using slightly dampened hands, shape to make flat rounds.
- Prick tops with a fork.
- Top with some salt or other seasoning.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- After all the crackers are baked, turn off the oven.
- Return cookie sheets to oven to let crackers dry out slowly for 30 minutes or so.
- Store in a tightly-sealed container or freeze.