Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 3⁄4 cups spelt flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Oil cookie sheet(s).
- Coarsely chop sunflower and sesame seeds in food processor, blender, or by hand.
- Place in large mixing bowl with flour, spice, salt, and baking soda and whisk together.
- In separate bowl, beat together oil, sweetener, molasses, egg, vanilla, and milk or yogurt.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
- or 2 dozen.?
- these crumble and fall apart.