Recipe by ~kdp
I know...strange name, but the sunflower seeds add that "something" that it needs...good with bbq and fixins and also fish...cook time is chill time...recipe is from a friend, similar to the Atkin's 'stuff'...I do not like slaw, except for KY Fried Chicken's, and I like this
Top Review by Susie D
A terrific spin on coleslaw! I really liked the dressing & the sunflower seeds in this salad. I chopped the cabbage by hand and grated 1 carrot. I liked that the dressing didn't get "runny" during the chill time. A recipe I will use again. Thanks kdp!!!
- 1 (1 lb) bag coleslaw mix (or you can grate your own cabbage)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (ready to eat, no husks)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine slaw mix (cabbage) and onion.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add salt and pepper.
- (to taste) Add dressing to cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Add sunflower seeds and toss again.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- ~Maybe made up to 1 day ahead.