Nancy's Pantry's Note:
I love cole slaws that include fruit and nuts -- it really gives them a variety of textures and flavor. Great salad to serve with bbq. For best results, allow slaw to chill for several hours so flavors can meld. This recipe is from my Kenny Roger's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (in juice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges (in juice)
- 1/4 lb green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 lb red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 lb carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1Drain pineapple and mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons pineapple juice.
- 2In a bowl, combine pineapple, oranges, cabbage, carrots, and sunflower seeds.
- 3For dressing, stir together mayonnaise, orange juice, reserved pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mixture, toss and chill.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunflower Seed Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 205.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g