Recipe by Sackville
This recipe comes from a woman in Sackville, NB - the town where I went to university. The cookies are flat and wonderfully crisp. With the sunflower seeds and oats, you could almost call them healthy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and then add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the rolled oats, sunflower seeds and coconut.
- Form into 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet and press down well with a fork.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for about 10 minutes.
- Makes 4-5 dozen cookies.