Recipe by BoxO'Wine
Sunflower seeds make a delightful crunch to this very tasty bread. From Betty Crocker Bread Machine Cook book. Baking time depends on your machine.
Top Review by Lisa Gay
I made a couple of alterations due to the supplies I had on hand, and they turned out wonderful! I didn't have any whole wheat flour, so I used seven grain flour. And since most of the high fiber rolls I've ever eaten are a little on the tough side, I added 2 tablespoons of dough enhancer (also known as wheat gluten... you can get it in the flour aisle at the most groceries). This made them soft like regular yeast rolls. This recipe has a lot of adaptability! Yummmmm!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed.
- be sure water is at room temperature.
- If using unsalted sunflower seeds, increase the salt by a pinch.
- Bake per machine manufacturer's instructions.
- You may use regular, rapid, or delayed time bake cycles.
- Leftover bread (if any) makes great croutons.