Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, nutritious, be sure to serve this delightful surprise with your next meal or tea time.
Make and share this Sunflower seed and currant biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups coarse oat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup soy oil or 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 3⁄4 cup barley malt or 3⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 cups plain soymilk or 2 cups milk (approx)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, cornmeal, rice flour, barley flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, sunflower seeds, and currants; mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, add the oil and barley malt/brown rice syrup.
- Add a little soy milk and begin to mix, by hand or using medium speed with electric mixer.
- Add only enough of the soy milk to hold dough together, so it is not crumbly dry, but is not like liquid.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time onto lightly greased tray and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Makes 12 biscuits.