Recipe by Wrestler
Delicious, nutritious, be sure to serve this delightful surprise with your next meal or tea time.
- 2 cups coarse oat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup soy oil or 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 3⁄4 cup barley malt or 3⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 cups plain soymilk or 2 cups milk (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, cornmeal, rice flour, barley flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, sunflower seeds, and currants; mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, add the oil and barley malt/brown rice syrup.
- Add a little soy milk and begin to mix, by hand or using medium speed with electric mixer.
- Add only enough of the soy milk to hold dough together, so it is not crumbly dry, but is not like liquid.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time onto lightly greased tray and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Makes 12 biscuits.