Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH. Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (2 pounds).
Top Review by Sydney Mike
OK, so this is a bread-machine recipe, & I don't have one! BUT, thanks to a friend of mine who DOES, we managed to make this up in no time & shared a GREAT TASTING loaf! Now I want my own machine! Anyway, this was sooo nice, what with the rye & whole wheat & sunflower seeds! Well worth making again! Many thanks! [Made & recievew for the 'hallabut'!!]
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (70 to 80)
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select wheat bread setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water of flour if needed).