Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice change from pecan pie. Found this surfing the net and ran to the 24 hour supermarket for the fixings. Had to try immediately, glad that I did.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrups.
- granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla and salt.
- Place pie shell on cookie sheet.
- Spread sunflower seeds evenly in bottown of pie shell.
- Pour in liquids.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until center is almost set, should jiggle slightly.
- Cool on wire rack.
This sounded so good I wanted to share it at work. Since it is difficult to sit down and eat a piece of pie(at work) I varied the recipe slightly. I took a refridgerated pie crust and using a biscuit cutter I cut out small circles placing them inside a mini muffin tray. I followed the recipe, filled each mini pie crust full of sunflowers kernals, then poured in the liquids. I cooked them at 350 for 25 minutes and they were wonderful. Great taste and easy to consume. Thank You for the recipe mandabears.