Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have this memory of reading this recipe off of a newspaper clipping. I can't even say for sure what newspaper or if I was the one who clipped it out. In any case it has been a family favorite for years.
- 1 kg fresh green beans
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Steam the green beans until soft.
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a pan with a tiny bit of oil.
- Mix oil, mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over green beans and add sunflower seeds.
- May be served warm or cold. We prefer warm.
Man woke up one fine day and realized there's life beyond French's Green Bean Casserole and the ubiquitous "green beans' almondine, but green beans and sunflowers is a new take. Thanks!
Fresh and tasty, quick and easy to make, we love green beans and this was no exception, I also prefer them warm! thanks for a lovely recipe, Flower! Made for PAC Spring 2008