Buster's friend's Note:
Ok - this is one of those recipes that sounds questionable & becomes more appealing when the budget closes in. We used to make this a hundred years ago when we were in college on tight budgets... Time passed, the recipe was lost & today it showed up in an email from The Witchita Eagle! It's cheap, not entirely bad for you with the fresh vegies (& nuts) & tastes unbelievably good! LOL - am adding cabbage to the shopping list because mine in the garden are just too small! There was no serving size listed so I opted for 4 to 6 - you'll see. Awesome potluck or picnic dish - just mix vegies, ramen & dressing on site & serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cabbage, medium head shredded
- 2 green onions, minced
- 5 5/8 ounces ramen noodles, chicken flavored (2 packages in US)
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil (olive, peanut oils OK too)
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1 cup almonds, toasted slivered
- 1Mix cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
- 2Chill covered in refrigerator.
- 3Reserve Ramen noodles.
- 4In another bowl, combine flavor packets from noodles with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5Crush Ramen noodles.
- 6When ready to serve, add noodles, sunflower seeds and almonds to cabbage mixture. Add dressing. Mix well. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunflower Crunch Salad (With Ramen!)
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.7
- Calories from Fat 645
- Total Fat 71.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1782.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g