Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice crunchy cabbage salad with a tart dressing. I love coleslaw, but my husband does not like creamy dressings. This recipe has parts from many others, picked and chose to meet both our desires.
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, raw
- Mix cabbage, carrot, and onions. Split approximately in half.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar, oil and vinegars over one half of vegetables. Stir well to coat.
- Chill both the dressed and undressed salads for at least 30 minutes. The dressed salad should wilt and collect some liquid at the bottom of the bowl.
- Mix the halves back together. Add sunflower seeds and chow mein noodles.
- Serve immediately to retain crunch.