A nice crunchy cabbage salad with a tart dressing. I love coleslaw, but my husband does not like creamy dressings. This recipe has parts from many others, picked and chose to meet both our desires.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cabbage, carrot, and onions. Split approximately in half.
- 2Sprinkle salt, sugar, oil and vinegars over one half of vegetables. Stir well to coat.
- 3Chill both the dressed and undressed salads for at least 30 minutes. The dressed salad should wilt and collect some liquid at the bottom of the bowl.
- 4Mix the halves back together. Add sunflower seeds and chow mein noodles.
- 5Serve immediately to retain crunch.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunflower Crunch Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 168.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g