Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this and am posting it because it is so different. Many may not like this version of an old grill favorite, but adventurous souls might want to try it!
- 4 -6 ears corn, husked
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon shelled sunflower seeds
- champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mash sunflower seeds in a mortar with just enough vinegar to form a liquidy paste.
- Melt butter and combine with sweet and sour sauce and sunflower seed paste.
- With a basting bruch, coat the ears of corn with this mixture. Salt and pepper.
- Wrap securely in foil and place 3" above medium coals or on rack in gas grill. Turn every few minutes for 10 minutes. Open one ear to check for doneness. Return to fire until done to taste.
- Brush with more sauce before serving, if wanted.