Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a cross between a cookie and peanut brittle. Snap it apart like you would the brittle. You can substitute sliced almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans for the sunflowers, if you wish.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in the mixing bowl of an electric mixer; beat until creamy.
- Stir in flour gradually, beating until well blended; fold in the sunflower kernels and chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into an ungreased jellyroll pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool then break the baked cookie apart like peanut brittle.
- Store in an airtight container.
These were really good! I change the recipe up a bit.....added 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk to make them more like cookie bars.