Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Lovely and simple coffee cake--great for a ladies luncheon.
- 6 rhodes texas frozen dough rolls, thawed but still cold
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 lemon peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam or 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 -5 tablespoons hot water
- Cut one roll in half and place in center of a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Divide remaining half roll in 6 or 7 pieces and roll into balls. Place around center roll. Cut 5 other rolls in half and arrange petals around flower center allowing room for them to rise. Spray with butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double, or about one hour. Mix lemon peel with sugar and sprinkle over flower. With finger, depress center of each petal and spoon 1 teaspoon of jam into it. Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan while still warm and pour glaze over the sunflower.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and water.