Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Shortcut is the name of the game when making and taking this dessert to a picnic, potluck or church social, where it will be the center of attention!
- 1 (8 inch) one layer chocolate cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 15 individual Little Debbie Boston cream rolls
- Make a chocolate layer cake from your favorite mix or recipe. Use 8" round pans.
- Place one layer of cooled chocolate cake in center of 16" pizza pan or platter. You can freeze the other layer for a future use.
- Frost with 1 can of chocolate icing.
- Arrange chocolate chips on top only of cake to resemble sunflower seeds.
- Unwrap Boston Creme cakes and arrange around chocolate cake.
- Note: Preparation time does not include making and baking a layer cake.
I made this for a party. It was every bit as beautiful as the picture! It is more than a cake ~ it is a centerpiece. Thank you for the clever idea!
Wow i tryed it and i loved it good job who made this.
This would be WONDERFUL with Twinkies.