Recipe by Geema
Kids usually love these nutritious patties, especially if you make them miniature sized. We usually eat them as a vegetarian main dish with my spinach stuffed potatoes and a green vegetable. I enjoy any leftovers in a sandwich the next day with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread.
Top Review by Bergy
This is 5 star plus! Excellent flavor. I used pumkin seeds (had them at home) and they were wonderful. Nice crunch to the patties. However do as the recipe suggests watch them very carefully or they will burn - I just caught mine in time. I was dubious when I mixed the ingredients and wondered how they would hang together - they are perfect , they look a bit loose on the pan when you first drop them but the egg firms them up to a nice texture, THANK-YOU Geema
- 2 grated carrots, approximately 2 1/2 cups
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 onion, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour if possible.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet, non-stick preferably, over medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, spoon mixture into the hot oil in the skillet, flattening into about a 1/2 inch thick patty shape.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Be careful not to have the heat too high or the sweet carrots will brown too fast.